This Blog is a companion to my author's Blog and my writing practice Blog. As a writer I try to read regular to improve my own writing and learn. You can learn a great deal about me from what I read and what I think about what I read. If you wish to purchase one of this books please use the link provided. At that point if you are looking for the book in a different format or price point you can search it there. I will still get credit. Please don't use the links Facebook piggybacks onto my posts there. I receive no compensation from them. You can also click on the Pico's Book Shop ad to access Amazon and search for any book you like.

Friday 13 February 2015

Violation



By Darian North
5 Stars
Action/Adventure/Suspense
Adults

I wrote the core of this review quite a long time ago. The book came to me through a friend who does a lot of reading. She gave me a bag full of what she said were good books that she culls from her library because she needed to clean house. There were a number of really good books in that bag and there are reviews from several of them that will appear here.

This is a book I was really impressed with. The writing and the storytelling are both excellent. Once I started reading I could not stop. It is still in my personal library and is one of those books where I want to go back and study how the author put scenes together.

At 17 Thea Auben was raped and beaten almost to death. She has a son as a result of this. This is a story about her. Her main helper character is Jack Verrity, currently her landlord a former cop/police detective. Her son David runs away to search for his father and the truth with the help of some mysterious Internet friend. There is lots of twists, turns, danger and surprises along the way. Definitely for an adult audience. I think this is probably the best book I've read in quite a long time. Recommended? Definitely.





No comments:

Post a Comment