This Blog is a companion to my author's Blog and my writing practice Blog. As a writer I try to read regular to improve my own writing and learn. You can learn a great deal about me from what I read and what I think about what I read. If you wish to purchase one of this books please use the link provided. At that point if you are looking for the book in a different format or price point you can search it there. I will still get credit. Please don't use the links Facebook piggybacks onto my posts there. I receive no compensation from them. You can also click on the Pico's Book Shop ad to access Amazon and search for any book you like.

Wednesday 11 February 2015

A Wanted Man



By Lee Child
5 Stars
Action/Adventure/Suspense
Adult

This book review is a promise kept. Some time ago on my old author's blog I took Lee Child's name in vain. A sister had told me that my main character from my first book reminded her somewhat of Lee Child's iconic Jack Reacher, so I wrote a brief comparison based on information I was able find on the Internet. At that time I did say that I intended to read one of his books. The comparison I wrote is available here: http://picosplace-pico.blogspot.ca/2013/07/jack-reacher-vs-mark-rathman.html

I found this book at the local library. I have regular access there so I may review more books from that source. I was in no way disappointed by the book. It was a great read. I can see where people may see some similarities between my character and his.

Jack Reacher gets picked up as a hitchhiker and get embroiled in a mess involving the CIA, the FBI and some bad guys. It's a great story and I won't spoil it by giving it away. If you like thrillers and suspense I doubt you'll be disappointed.

As a writer I noticed a lot of repetitive sentence structure. Not something your average reader would notice. I'll give the author credit though. It appears to be technique rather than stylistic flaw. I give the book full marks and a hearty recommendation.


No comments:

Post a Comment